Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kimberly's Kitchen - Fruity Frosty Protein Cups

  I have been playing around with my Nectar protein powders again. I often struggle getting in my daily required amounts of complete proteins. So, I am always looking for ways to sneak it in, in a form the is not always a shake. I really enjoy my Nectar protein shakes because they are not thick and remind me of koolaid. However, drinking the same thing daily can get boring. So, today I decided to post a few recipes I came up with that are creamy and cold like ice cream and the only sugars are the naturally occuring sugars from the fruit I use. Some fruits are higher in sugar then I realized but, I have never had trouble with high sugar from fruit. Normally, gastric bypass patients are not supposed to consume more than 3 grams of sugar per 100 calories. However, your taste buds still really like sugary treats and it is difficult to find a commercial ice cream product that meets your requirements. I figure using frozen fruit and my protein powder to make my version of an ice cream like treat is still the best alternative. You could possibly even use frozen Almond Milk and the "Sweets" line from Nectar (Double Stuffed Cookie, Strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Bean Torte, Chocolate Truffle and even Cappuccino) with some cocoa powder or other flavorings to make other protein filled treats. I plan on experimenting with them myself later. In the meantime, here are my fruity creations......  Hope you enjoy!

NOTE: each recipe makes about 2 cups of frozen yumminess..... serving information I list is for a 1 cup serving size. So, eat half now and have half for later!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL FLAVORS:
Using either a blender, Magic Bullet or handheld emulsion blender combine the ingredients and blend until a smooth creamy consistency. That simple!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Strawberry Lemonade Fruity Frosty Protein Cup
1 1/2 cups Frozen Strawberries
1/2 cup So Delicious brand Unsweetened Almond Plus Milk
1 ounce Nectar Roadside Lemonade Whey Protein Isolate Powder

Nutritional information for a 1 cup serving:
122 calories, .5 grams fat, 4 grams sugar and 13 grams protein
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Cinnamon Apple Fruity Frosty Protein Cup
1 1/2 cups Frozen Cortland Apple Chunks pealed and cored (use Granny Smith for a tart taste)
1/2 cup So Delicious brand Unsweetened Almond Plus Milk
1 ounce Nectar Apple Ecstasy Whey Protein Isolate Powder
1-2 teaspoons of Cinnamon

Nutritional information for a 1 cup serving:
116 calories, .5 grams fat, 10 grams sugar and 13 grams protein
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Great Grape Fruity Frosty Protein Cup
1 1/2 cups Frozen Midnight Beauty Black Seedless Grapes
1/2 cup So Delicious brand Unsweetened Almond Plus Milk
1 ounce Nectar Wild Grape Whey Protein Isolate Powder

Nutritional information for a 1 cup serving:
108 calories, .5 grams fat, 7 grams sugar and 13 grams protein
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Just Peachy Fruity Frosty Protein Cup
1 1/2 cups Frozen Unsweetened Peaches
1/2 cup So Delicious brand Unsweetened Almond Plus Milk
1 ounce Nectar Fuzzy Navel Whey Protein Isolate Powder

Nutritional information for a 1 cup serving:
90 calories, .5 grams fat, 15 grams sugar and 15 grams protein
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Very Cherry Fruity Frosty Protein Cup
1 1/2 cups Frozen Dole brand Dark Cherries
1/2 cup So Delicious brand Unsweetened Almond Plus Milk
1 ounce Nectar Twisted Cherry Whey Protein Isolate Powder

Nutritional information for a 1 cup serving:
127 calories, .5 grams fat, 12 grams sugar and 13 grams protein
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Now, I am going to make myself another Strawberry Lemonade and read my book. I love the lemon kick and the sweet strawberry mixing together convicincing my brain I am being bad. Hehehe.
Let me know how your creations turn out!!
And in the meantime, Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment